Happy Valentine’s Day! What better way to say “I love you” than with these Triple Chocolate M&M Cookies?! You know how they say everyone has a different love language? Chocolate is DEFINITELY mine.
Now, I know there’s a bit of a stigma surrounding Valentine’s Day. People purposefully boycott this love-themed day, boastfully scoffing that it’s a superfluous holiday invented by Hallmark as a way to drive sales. And sure, this may be partly true. In an age of commercialism and social media, Valentine’s Day can definitely feel a bit forced and overdone.
However, to all of those Valentine’s Day haters out there, I beg you to take a step back and focus on the real meaning of this holiday. This day is not about fancy restaurants or expensive flowers or new jewelry. Nor is it about racking up Instagram likes on Pic Stiches of you and your significant other.
Rather, Valentine’s Day is simply an excuse to celebrate all the love we have in our lives. This is not limited to love we have for boyfriends and girlfriends, our husbands and wives. Celebrate the love you have for your friends, for your siblings, for your parents, for your kids. Celebrate the love that you have for YOURSELF!
February 14th doesn’t mean big spending or grand gestures. It is merely a date on the calendar that gives you a reason to do something fun, something outside of your normal routine (not that you need one!) For some, that may just mean making a batch of Triple Chocolate M&M Cookies for yourself or a friend!
Don’t be the Grinch of Valentine’s Day. Whether you are in a relationship or not, everyone has love in their life that is worth celebrating. So sit back, relax and treat yoself!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 3.7-ounce packet instant chocolate pudding mix (not sugar-free or 'cook & serve')
- ⅓ cup coca
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1½ cups M&Ms
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Mix in chocolate pudding and cocoa. Once again, scrape down sides of bowl.
- Measure in flour, baking soda and salt to dough mixture. Beat until just combined, being careful not to overmix (will result in dense cookies.)
- Add in chocolate chips and M&Ms and mix in with a wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate dough in an air-tight container for at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop 1½ inch balls of dough onto the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Edges will start to set but cookies will still be soft to the touch. Do not overbake!!!
- Let rest on warm pan for 8-10 minutes, and then move to wire rack to continue cooling. Store in air-tight container for one week.