Hello! This is a test recipe.
Sweet Potato Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne red pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup celery, diced
- Squeeze of lime juice
- A few dashes of hot sauce
- Fresh cilantro
- Avocado, sliced
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions. When the onions start to become translucent, add bell pepper and garlic. Cook until onions start to brown. Add ground beef, and break it up with a wooden spoon. Cook until meat is browned. Drain a bit of the fat if needed, but leave some for flavor.
- Next add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken stock, and spices (salt, bay leaves, cumin, paprika, ground cayenne red pepper, oregano, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice). Stir everything together, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and celery. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sweet potatoes should be fork tender but not mushy.
- Remove bay leaves. Taste and Finish with a few dashes of hot sauce (depending on how much heat you like) and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Top with fresh cilantro and avocado slices.