Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies
Recipe adapted from: http://cookiesandcups.com/salty-pretzel-chocolate-chip-cookies/
Author: Sugar + Salt
- 1 cup butter, melted and browned
- 1¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs + 1 yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1½ cups pretzels, broken into small to medium pieces but completely pulverized
- 1 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium saucepan melt 1 cup butter over medium-low heat. When butter is melted continue to cook, stirring butter constantly until it becomes a golden brown color. I found this to be a helpful guide to browning butter: http://www.buzzfeed.com/christinebyrne/how-to-make-perfect-brown-butter. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- With hand or stand mixer, mix cooled butter and sugar together until combined. Add in eggs, extra yolk, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Combine baking soda, salt and flour. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients on low speed until incorporated. With a rubber spatula, gently fold in crushed pretzels and chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop dough on baking sheet about 2 inches apart, baking until just golden at the edges, about 8-10 minutes. Centers might not seem done yet, but remove the cookies and allow them to cool for 3-4 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
This is a a test post.
Recipe adapted from: http://cookiesandcups.com/