I’m giving you one simple task for the upcoming three-day weekend: make a batch of these Spicy Strawberry Cucumber Margaritas. This cocktail is summer in a glass, with its juicy berries, refreshing cucumber, spicy jalapeño and tangy tequila. It’s the perfect drink to have in hand while enjoying the end of the season.
There was a dark period of my life where I REFUSED to drink tequila. Let’s just say Jose Cuervo Gold and I are not friends. After spending one too many Cinco de Mayos sitting out of shared pitchers of margaritas, my friend Mary Kait finally broke my spell by introducing me to some delicious blanco tequilas. All I can say is thank GOD she did, because life is too short not to drink margaritas.
In addition to being extremely delicious, my favorite thing about this Spicy Strawberry Cucumber Margarita is the way it both heats up and cools your mouth at the same time. I wish all spicy food was self-correcting!
For best results, I definitely recommend Lunazul blanco tequila and the Spindrift cucumber sparking water. I love to enjoy the Spindrift water on its own as well. This is not an ad for these products, but my actual opinion! However, feel free to use your favorite brand of tequila or whatever seltzer you have on hand (it can be regular seltzer, doesn’t have to be cucumber!)
So whip up a batch of margaritas, raise your glass and toast good-bye to summer!
- 5-6 strawberries
- ½ cucumber, peeled & cut into slices
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded & cut into rounds
- 1.5 ounces lime juice (approx. 1 lime)
- 1 oz. agave syrup
- 3 ounces tequila (I prefer Lunazul)
- 2 ounces triple sec
- Splash of sparkling water (I prefer Spindrift Sparkling Cucumber Water, but you can use regular Seltzer too)
- course salt for garnish
- In a large cocktail shaker, muddle strawberries, cucumber, jalapeño slices and lime juice until well combined.
- Pour mixture through a strainer into a separate bowl to remove jalapeño slices and seeds.
- Return remaining mixture back into cocktail shaker.
- Add agave, tequila, triple sec and a handful of ice to the shaker. Shake for a few seconds to mix drink well.
- Prepare your glasses by running a slice of lime around the rims and then dipping in salt.
- Pour margarita in your prepared glasses. Top off with a splash of sparking water and enjoy!